You learn basics like
- The correct position on the bike (maintain control at all times)
- Balance and dexterity (climbing up and down; balance)
- The right settings on my bike (what matters…)
- Controlled braking (always safe on the road with the right technique…)
- Shift correctly (steep mountain…. no problem)
- Tight corners (drive safely)
- Starting and dismounting on the mountain… no problem with the right technique
- Driving downhill on ramps/steps (the right position, eye guidance)
Skillfully overcome small obstacles (relieve front wheel)
- Line selection: the be-all and end-all for safe biking!
- Riding on simple terrain, such as small waves, ledges and light root passages
The goal is to find the fun in the single trail.
Exercises in the terrain and Swiss Bike Park (Oberried) in different levels of difficulty make the course attractive for beginners as well as advanced riders.
- E-mountain bike with studded tires in good condition
- lowerable seat post or post that can be fully lowered by quick release
- specific rep. material (our supervisors carry standard rep. stuff).
- Weather appropriate bike clothing, helmet (obligatory), long-finger gloves, goggles (recommended), backpack
- Drink, snack, spare clothes, sun protection, spare tube, personal medication.
- Optional: elbow, shin and knee pads.