You learn basics like
- The correct position on the bike (maintain control at all times)
- Balance and dexterity (climbing up and down; balance)
- The right settings on my bike (what matters…)
- Controlled braking (always safe on the road with the right technique…)
- Shift correctly (steep mountain…. no problem)
- Tight corners (drive safely)
- Starting and dismounting on the mountain… no problem with the right technique
- Driving downhill on ramps/steps (the right position, eye guidance)
Skillfully overcome small obstacles (relieve front wheel)
- Line selection: the be-all and end-all for safe biking!
- Riding on simple terrain, such as small waves, ledges and light root passages
The goal is to find the fun in the single trail.
Off-road exercises as well as Swiss Bike Park (Oberried) in different levels of difficulty make the course attractive for beginners as well as advanced riders.
- Mountain bike with lugged tires in good condition
- lowerable seat post or post that can be fully lowered by quick release
- specific rep. material (our supervisors carry standard rep. stuff).
- Weather appropriate bike clothing, helmet (obligatory), long-finger gloves, goggles (recommended), backpack
- Drink, snack, spare clothes, sun protection, spare tube, personal medication.
- Optional: elbow, shin and knee pads.
Do you know the feeling of knowing how something works and/or the desire is there to do it, but the inner pig dog is too big to try it out? At Coaching Day you will learn to leave your comfort zone and say goodbye to your blocks and fears in order to bring body, mind and soul into harmony. Safety on the bike will grow and self-confidence will increase. The basics and required equipment correspond to the Level 1 Bike Basic Technique Course.
E-MTBs are excluded in the "Bike Basic Technique", "Trail Technique Basic" and "Trail Technique Advanced" courses! For this we offer a special E-MTB course.